Our menu is creative and refined using the best of seasonal and local produce complemented by an extensive wine list. Starters are served with homemade bread. We cater for nearly all diets (including vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, dairy free etc.) if we are informed in advance.
Price for a 4 course dinner: £30 per person or £50 for two people.
We start serving dinner at 7.00pm and last orders are taken at 8.00pm.
For hotel guests who have booked dinner prior to arrival, the price of the 4 course dinner is included in the dinner, bed & breakfast rate.
- Smoked salmon and prawns served with an apple and watermelon salad
- Sauteed wild mushrooms in cream cheese served in a filo pastry basket with pesto
- Home oak smoked duck breast with an orange and walnut dressing
- Goat's cheese, basil and beetroot crostini with a honey and thyme dressing
- Soup of the day
- Sorbet or soup
- Lamb braised with redcurrants and thyme served with a lamb cutlet
- Panfried fillet of seabass with lime, creme freche and a lemon infused oil
- Supreme of guineafowl with Pancetta and a Port sauce
- Fillet of hake with a caper and anchovy sauce
- Grilled rib eye steak (£3.00 extra) served with a Cognac and peppercorn sauce
- All main courses are served with vegetables and potatoes
- White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake
- Blueberry crème brulee
- Rhubarb and apple crumble with custard
- Lemon tart with lemon burst ice cream
- Grasmere gingerbread and meringue ice cream tart
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream and a sticky toffee sauce
- Lakes ice cream with fresh fruit
- Cheese and biscuits (£3.00 extra)
We also recommend an extra starter, main course and dessert each day.