Our menu is creative and refined using the best of seasonal and local produce complemented by an extensive wine list. Starters are served with homemade bread. We cater for nearly all diets (including vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, dairy free etc.) if we are informed in advance.
Price for a 4 course dinner: £32.00 per person or £58.00 for two people
We start serving dinner at 7.00pm and orders are taken until 8.00pm.
For hotel guests the price of the 4 course dinner is included in the dinner, bed & breakfast rate.
Sorry, no children's menu available.
- Smoked salmon and prawns served on an apple and melon salad
- Ballotine of quail wrapped in Parma ham, damson chutney, hazelnut and honey dressing
- Fricassee of woodland mushrooms served in a filo pastry basket with aioli (veg)
- Smoked mackerel, pickled beetroot, sweet mustard, potato and dill salad
- Crispy goat's cheese with red onion marmalade, candied pecan nuts and roasted beetroot (veg)
- Smoked duck breast, fig puree, chicory, pomegranate, orange and cinnamon dressing
- Soup of the day
- Sorbet or soup
- Slowly cooked lamb with pearl onions, balsmic and thyme, lamb cutlet and lamb croquette
- Fillet of hake, crispy capers, salsa verde and sauce Provencal
- Roast breast of guineafowl, Pancetta, prunes, walnuts and a leek vinaigrette
- Grilled fillet of plaice, creme fraiche, Vermouth, lemon and dill veloute
- Venison casserole, root vegetables, juniper berries and braised red cabbage
- Grilled sirloin steak (£3.50 extra), roasted vine tomatoes, shallot and red wine sauce
- Spring cabbage filled with couscous, Mediterranean vegetables, Moroccan herbs and crème fraiche (veg)
- All main courses are served with vegetables and potatoes
- White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake
- Crème brulee with blackcurrant ice cream and poppyseed shortbread
- Rhubarb and apple crumble with custard
- Lemon tart with lemon burst ice cream
- Grasmere gingerbread and meringue ice cream tart
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream and a sticky toffee sauce
- Fresh fruit salad with Lakes ice cream
- Selection of Cumbrian cheeses (£3.50 extra)
We also add an extra starter, main course and dessert each day.